SPEAK TO A CITY FRAUD LAWYER BEFORE AN INVESTIGATOR
Crimes involving fraud and financial crimes, often referred to as “white collar” crimes, are a form of theft/larceny that usually involves a lie, deception, or dishonesty in an attempt to gain a benefit. Fraud crimes differ from common theft or robbery, because it does not involve the direct “taking” of the property that sometimes involves violence. Instead, it involves some type of scheme or abuse of power in order to gain benefits. The other person might “consent” to give up property, however, consent by fraud is not valid consent. You can be found guilty of fraud even if the scheme did not succeed.
We have provided the resources listed below to explain to you the more common forms of fraud and financial crimes that include embezzlement, money laundering, and tax evasion.
We represent clients facing all fraud charges, including:
- Penal Code 470 PC- Forgery: Falsification of a signature or unlawful alteration to certain documents.
- Penal Code 503 PC- Embezzlement: Unlawfully gaining benefit from property that has been entrusted to you.
- Penal Code 518 PC-Extortion: “Black mail” that involves the use of force or threats, such as a secret, to obtain money or property.
- Penal Code 186.10 PC-Money Laundering: Concealing the illegal origin of money by channeling the funds through a legitimate business or bank account.
- Penal Code 530.5 PC- Identity Theft: Taking someone else’s personal identifying information (i.e. credit card).
- Penal Code 550 PC- Fraudulent Insurance Claims: Knowingly submitting fraudulent insurance claims, such as medical or car insurance claims.
- Antitrust Violations — Cartwright Act
- California Revenue and Taxation Code 19706: Tax Evasion: A person or business underpaying taxes that are owed.
- California Welfare & Institution Code 10980- Welfare Fraud: Obtaining benefits, food stamps, etc. that you are not legitimately entitled to, or when an employee grants these benefits to an ineligible recipient.
- California Welfare and Institutions Code 14014: Medi-Cal fraud: Fraud committed against California’s Medical Program.
- OSHA Violations
- Environmental Crimes
Our Team Has the Knowledge and Experience to Protect Your Rights.
Being charged with fraud or a financial crime can present serious, life-altering, consequences. If you are being investigated, you need a criminal defense attorney who will protect your interest at all costs, especially before you make any statements to an investigator.
For effective defenses against fraud charges contact VIRTUOSO CRIMINAL & DUI LAWYERS. We are available 24/7: (510) 988-5566
Daniel is good as it gets. Will definitely refer him to anyone needing the best lawyer money can buy.
“He's extremely prompt to reply to your calls or text. He's so honest that he gave me a partial refund on this case due to some circumstances we were in.”
These guys are efficient and really care about their clients. I would definitely use them again in the future!
“Joe and his team (Simone) were able to get me a trial, go to court for me and get my ticket dismissed! 5 stars!!”
If you need a lawyer please reach out to Daniel and this team!
“He assured me and let me knew how he could handle my case. We went to court and the case closed because of Daniel. His work ethic and demeanor is unparalleled.”
Extremely passionate not only for his profession but for his clients as well.
“I've been represented by many, had some pretty unreasonable experiences but glad to have found Daniel. Extremely passionate not only for his profession but for his clients as well.”
Illegal Marijuana Cultivation and Possession of Stolen Firearm
Federal Healthcare Fraud for Receiving Illegal Kickbacks
Federal Charges for Money Laundering and Structuring
DUI by a Veteran With 0.16 BAC
DMV Refusal Hearing